Saturday, May 09, 2009

Guards Tank Company

Here's what I'm thinking about for my Gvardeyskiy Tankovy Batalon.

  • Company HQ: 1 T-34/85 w/ cupola 80pts
  • 1st Company: 5 T-34/85s w/ cupolas 395pts
  • 2nd Company: 5 T-34/85s w/ cupolas 395pts
  • Guards Heavy Tank Company: 3 IS-2s 470pts
  • Decoy Tank Company: 1 Panzer IV and 1 Panther A 155pts
  • (Tank Rider Company: 2 Platoons at 1750 for 250pts)

Totals: 1495 and 1745 pts.

I don't think that cupolas are actually that useful in 2nd edition, but there's not much else to do with the 25pts that they cost me, and the models come with them already cast as part of the resin turret, so modelling them without them would be a huge pain.

Much like my first mid-war list, this is very much a "get it on the table" list. Sixteen tanks shouldn't take me that long to paint up, even if I spend a bit more time on the two decoy tanks. I do need to paint more SMG carrying infantry for the Tank Rider Company, but I can proxy rifle stands if I need to.

I could easily see swapping the IS-2s for ISU-122s and using the freed up points to equip some of my tanks with tankos, but I'd like to try out the IS-2s first.

Edit: Dropping the Panther in exchange for a second Panzer IV would free up enough points to add the warrior Komissar MA Dedov, which is something I'd probably want to try at some point as it would be nice to have a 2iC in a Soviet tank force for a change.

No comments: