Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Horde Grows

Continued from Painting the Hordes.


It's been almost a year since I've updated the progress on my Soviet forces. Since then I've established a pretty solid core force and am continuing to add additional options to it.

I can field a two to three thousand point mixed tankovy batalon, or an 800 to 1500 point guards strelkovy or motostelkovy batalon.

I still don't have the sheer number of infantry stands necessary to field a regular strelkovy batalon, except maybe at 800 points.

Here's the armory as it currently stands:
T-34 obr 1941: 10
T-60: 7
KV-1e: 4
KV-2 Turret: 1
BA-64: 4
Tankodesantniki: 9
ZIS-5 Trucks: 6
37mm obr 1939 Guns: 4
Katyusha: 2
Rocket Loading Teams: 2
ZIS-3 Guns: 4
Command Stands: 4
Komissar Stands: 3
Infantry Stands: 21
AT Rifle Stand: 1
MG Stands: 2
Observer Stands: 2
Staff Team: 1
Dismounted Cossack Command Stands: 4
Dismounted Cossack Komissar Stand: 1
Dismounted Cossack Stands: 8

There's still a lot I want to add to this, especially more infantry stands so I can field larger strelkovy companies, but with the completion of the ZIS-3 gun teams my Soviets are moving to the back burner as I work on getting my Fallschirmjaeger ready for battle.

Next up, once I get back to the Soviets, will most likely be an SMG platoon and some heavy mortars. Other possibilities are a pair of SU-152 assault guns (currently waiting on some hatch covers from New Zealand), and a platoon of KV-1s tanks (also waiting on some hatch covers).

Further out are some 45mm obr 1937 AT guns and some more infantry teams to let me do larger strelkovy batalons.

Finally, I also managed to paint up one of the objectives I've been using:

No comments: